Sunday, August 15, 2010

a very good place to start.

You have to understand that food is what I do. Ok, it's not what I do, but it is what I eat. I cook it and eat it. I buy it and eat it. I have it bought for me, and then I eat it.  Ok, so the truth is, eating is what I do.  I've done it my whole life.  You could say I'm a master of it. Master of Eating. 

This isn't a blog about weight loss. I'm 5'4 and about 210lbs.  I don't actually want to lose weight; I just want to grow taller. No, seriously. I want to make it clear straight away that I'm not changing my eating habits to lose weight. I'm changing my eating habits  in an effort to feel better.  Feeling better is key. Weight loss may or may not be a happy side effect.  I've been chubby since I was about 9, and I've basically gotten used to it, and I honestly don't mind.  That being said,  I'm writing this blog because I'm currently trying to change the way I eat. I've been hypoglycemic my entire life, and for my entire life (up until about two weeks ago), I've been eating the wrong way. That is to say, I've been eating the wrong things.  But this blog isn't really here to talk about what I'm eating or not eating. It's to chronicle how I'm feeling about what I'm not eating.  And how I'm feeling, in general.  For example:

Day 14: I JUST WANT SOME FARKING BREAD GODDAMNIT!!!

But you may ask: What aren't you eating?  So, I'll tell you. Sugar (aside from honey, agave, and natural-occurring sugars in fruit), bread (aside from whole-grain, sprouted bread, and very little of it), pasta, white potatoes, and alcohol.  There are exceptions - holidays, hormonal breakdowns, being-polite-at-a-friend's- house, etc.  I don't want to feel deprived, and since it's "not a diet, it's a lifestyle change." treats are allowed and encouraged, so long as they're not a daily occurrence.  I think that about covers it.

You get the idea.  You gonna eat that?

No comments:

Post a Comment